Obtaining digital sign-off for quotes, orders, job sheets and more is becoming the norm, once a cause for suspicion among customers, electronic signatures are now recognised as being a more secure and efficient way of providing consent than traditional paper forms.
The benefits of using digital signing technology are great:
- You can get almost instant sign off from customers, with no sending, printing, signing, scanning and returning required
- You can get signatures on the spot, and use that data to trigger the next stage of your business process
- Customers can digitally sign on any device, anywhere, removing the overhead of needing to be in the office
- Digitally generated forms can be dynamic, showing relevant terms and conditions to the products included in the order for example, meaning the form is more relevant to the signer
- Where more than one signature is required, the form can be automatically sent to the relevant parties, removing the dependency on physical location
Digital Signing in Microsoft Dynamics 365
There are various digital signing add-ons to choose from in Microsoft Dynamics 365, which vary in functionality and cost. At Infinity, our preferred solution is Adobe Sign, as it offers the best value for money when comparing functionality across the available solutions. Other options, we have also implemented for customers, are DocuSign, AssureSign and Secured Signing.
How does it work?
To obtain a digital signature using Adobe Sign in Microsoft Dynamics 365, the user simply needs to select the report to be sent to the customer, and then choose ‘Send for Signature’.
Once the agreement record has been created, the user can then choose one or more recipients for the document, these can be contacts, users or simply email addresses.