Until the 31st July 2020, Infinity Group are offering a FREE IT support service to elderly and vulnerable people across the whole of Kent. The months of lockdown have demonstrated the importance of technology in staying connected. Our phones, laptops, TVs and radios allow us to keep in touch with the outside world. They let us chat with friends, look at pictures of family and even video call for special occasions.
These are the things which keep us together and reduce loneliness and isolation. They also provide a lifeline to goods and services which we might otherwise be unable to get with online shopping, online community support groups and online doctors appointments.
By helping the elderly and vulnerable set up and understand technology, we can help them access these services and connect with loved ones.
Where in Kent is covered?
We are offering the free service to elderly and vulnerable people across the whole of Kent, whether you’re in a town or the countryside. It’s all done online, so we can help you wherever you are and to protect those that are shielding all our support is undertaken remotely meaning there will be no home visits.
Who qualifies for free support?
We are offering this free service to the elderly and vulnerable.
- Anyone over 65 living in Kent
- Anyone with a health condition that means they need to shield or isolate.
- Anyone shielding as a result of a vulnerable family.
What can we help with?
- Setting up Zoom or another video call service, on mobiles or laptops.
- Setting up video streaming services like Netflix, or Iplayer.
- Assisting with setting up online shopping.
- Assisting with installing games or useful applications.
- Troubleshooting on computers or setting up printers.
- Online safety advice, like spotting scams or password safety.
- Connecting to WiFi/solving router issues.
- Setting up new computer equipment.
Whatever your problem is, even if it’s not on this list, we will try our best to help you.
How can Infinity Group be contacted?
If you have a problem you need help with, just want to know more, or think the service would be helpful for someone you know, then please contact us. We are available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (excl. Bank holidays).
You can call us on: 01892 576999
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us using the information above.
- You will be put in touch with one of our friendly, CRB checked, security vetted engineers.
- They will arrange to call, or video call you, at a time that suits you. They will ask you about the problem, or what you want to learn.
- Once they understand what you want help with, they will help you there and then, explaining the process as they go.
If after this, you still don’t understand or you need more help, you can always call us back.
Our engineers will not request any bank details or sensitive information, the service is FREE and the only information they will collect is the person’s name and information about their device needed to help them.